Your audience is no longer tethered to a desk but increasingly viewing content from their mobile device. The spend in mobile advertising increased by 149% in 2011 according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau and now, more than ever, mobile is becoming an essential component of a publisher’s strategy. As such, OpenX is committed to offering new and important mobile capabilities that enable both publishers and advertisers to reach mobile media consumers, be that through our partnership with Samsung to power the Samsung AdHub Market for Mobile, or providing mobile ad serving technology for the many publishers we work with globally. Our latest product release introduces a number of new mobile ad serving capabilities, helping those to serve ads to mobile devices with greater efficiency and control. These enhancements will be available beginning Friday, October 26.
- Mobile device reporting: Do you want to know if your mobile application’s ad space performs better on different mobile devices, or if performance varies by operating system? Now you can get a better understanding of how your mobile ad space is selling through three new reports. Run these summary reports based on device operating system, device make and model, or carrier, and view them in the UI or export them to a file.
- Targeting iOS6: Targeting capabilities have been updated to include Apple’s latest iOS6 operating system, which means that you can target your campaigns to mobile inventory on devices running iOS6.
- Mobile SDK: The OpenX iOS SDK has been updated for iOS6 and iPhone 5. This version of the iOS SDK is compatible with Xcode 4.5 and supports ARMv7 and ARMv7s devices. Click here to download the latest OpenX iOS SDK.
- Mobile device identifiers: We have upgraded our SDKs to support multiple mobile device identifiers. In addition, new attributes for these identifiers have been added to the OpenX Market RTB bid request. The device identifiers include
- Apple’s identifierForAdvertising (ifa)
- Android ID
- MAC Address
- Open Device Identification Number (ODIN-1)
If you are interested in learning more about OpenX’s products and services, please click here to contact us. If you have any questions or support needs about your existing account, please speak with your OpenX account manager.